My name is Dani and I'm an animal activist for small mammals from Milton Keynes, UK. As well as the artist at Quirky Cabbage and YouTube Gamer. This is a page to inform you of what exactly it is that I do, who I support and who I am.
Works in progress
- I am the lead campaigner for the 'Ban Fluffy Bedding' campaign. I inform people of the dangers, provide alternatives and research the materials specifically.
- I formed the government petition against fluffy bedding.
- I monitor the survey on the home page to gain an idea of statistics and correlations between fluffy bedding and different ages.
- I visit pet shops and personally review them (Like a mystery customer), to try and help them improve their standards. Read the findings from one of my visits here, and another here.
- I have created a basic Syrian hamster tips guideline which you can read here.
- I admin five hamster groups on Facebook, in which I like to gently inform people of the recommended guidelines and offer the best possible advice on topics I feel I am knowledgeable.
- I regularly donate to charity, and actively support the Wildlife Aid Foundation, the BUAV, the British Hedgehog Preservation Society, the Badger Trust and Save Me. I was previously a member of the PETA action team.
- I support the Green Party, and the Animal Welfare Party.
- I created the 'Ham Army', a group of those that enforce the cage and wheel size guideline, support the campaign, and work together when contacting businesses and manufacturers of substandard products.
- I spend a lot of my spare time reading up on the best hamster care, different opinions, books, internet articles, forums and charity care sheets. From all these together I have formed what I believe to be the best basic guidelines.
- The Ban Fluffy Bedding campaign has made it in to issue 6 of Life With Pets magazine, with my two page feature article on the dangers of fluffy bedding.
- The article has resulted in astonishing feedback, with a lot of people saying they want to help with the campaign, and others saying they didn't realise how harmful it can be and have stopped using it.
- The campaign has resulted in the removal of the Rotastak brand from Pets at Home, and all bedding from Pets Corner.
- I reviewed the interview process of P@H, which you can view here. It now has over 5000 reads.
- My BFB campaign may well have saved the lives of many innocent animals.
- We have over 1000 likes on the 'Ban Fluffy Bedding' page, awareness is the most crucial part of any campaign.
- My website www.hamsteradvice.com reached hundreds of people in its first week, and the information on fluffy bedding has over 4000 hits.